Today, I thought I would show you Rwanda as it is in 2015, 21 years after the genocide. There is a lot to be learned here.
I have included some photographs that show what you can expect to see in the Land of a Thousand Hills.
- An after affect of the genocide is that the Rwandan population is made up of 64% women and 35% men
- 66% of Rwandan politicians are female
- There are no plastic carrier bags in Rwanda, recycled paper only
- Rwanda is litter free both in the cities and in the countryside
- Everybody smiles and says hello
- Rwandans talk about the genocide, recognising that it is the only way to move on with their lives